Registering Your Vehicle
Who Can Register
Any University Park student who has completed at least 28 approved credits can register for campus parking privileges. (The 28 credit requirement does not apply to commuters or graduate students, or to Summer Session parking.) You can only register vehicles owned by you, or by a member of your immediate family (mother, father, brother, sister).
Spring 2016 Registration
Spring 2016 University Park student parking registration is now available exclusively online. Please read the registration information provided below:
- PermitDirect™ will provide a printable temporary permit allowing students to park immediately. Permanent permits will be mailed to students' campus or local address.
- Students eligible for upgrades to a base student permit, such as graduate assistants, student athletes and those with a state-issued ADA placard, must visit the Parking Office to obtain their upgraded permit. However, registration for a base student permit needs to be completed online prior to applying for any upgrades.
To register for spring 2016 student parking at University Park, click here.
When to Register
Vehicles must be registered by the first day of classes each semester or by the first business day following your arrival on campus. Permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you will be living off campus, there are two on-campus options available:
- Students commuting to the University Park campus may purchase a permit to park their cars in the commuter lots: Lot 44, Stadium West, and Porter North during the day. Commuter permits are not valid from 2 a.m. - 4 a.m. in any campus parking lot, seven days a week.
- The second option is Long-Term Storage parking in Lot 43. This option would be for students living off campus and unable to acquire parking at their place of residence. This option allows 24 hour parking in Lot 43. Off campus addresses must include street number, street name, and apartment number if applicable.
Note: Lot 43 is sold out for the spring 2016 semester. Off-campus students in need of overnight storage parking may register for parking at Lot 83 East, but must do so in person at the Parking Office.
If you will be living on campus:
Resident student parking consists of six parking options: Lot 22 (for residents of Eastview Terrace), Lot 81 (for residents of South & Pollock Halls), Lot 42 (for residents of Nittany Apartments & Nittany Hall), Lot 82 (for residents of North & East Halls), YWH parking at the Nittany Deck (for residents of West Halls), Lot B11 (for residents of White Course Apartments) and Lot 83, which is open to all eligible students residing on campus.
Note: YWH-Nittany Deck (West Halls), Lot 82 (East Halls) and Lot 22 (Eastview Terrace) are sold out for the spring 2016 semester. Eligible students living in these areas may register for parking at Lot 83 (two sections on Hasting Road between Univ. Dr. and Porter Rd.).
Updating Your Vehicle & Contact Information
All student permit holders are required to maintain accurate contact and vehicle information with the Parking Office. If there is a change to your address, phone number or email address, or if you change vehicles or wish to add an additional vehicle as authorized for use with your permit (must be owned by you or someone in your immediate family and only one vehicle may be on campus at a time), please update this information by logging into the registration portal and using the account management features in the main menu.
Don't forget, all bicycles operated within the Centre Region must be registered. Registration is free and easy to Penn State students and staff.
You will need the make, model, color, and serial number of the bicycle to complete the registration process. At the end of the process, a registration number will be automatically assigned, and the registration sticker will be mailed to the local address provided during the registration process within two business days.
Note: Because the permit is sent to the local address, if moving to a residence hall or apartment, please do not register until arriving on campus or into your new apartment. Off campus addresses must include street number, street name, and apartment number if applicable.
Summer 2016 Registration
Student parking registration for summer 2016 will begin on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 3 (Maymester, Summer Session I, or all sessions)
- Sunday, June 26 (Summer Session II only)
Registration will be available exclusively online, but all summer permits must be picked up at the Parking Office at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck during normal business hours, which are from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.