Student Parking Permits
If you are a Penn State student at University Park and eligible for student parking on campus, you may register online for Spring 2016 student parking beginning Tuesday, Jan. 5 at noon.
Visit the Student Parking Rates page for information on 2015-16 student parking pricing.
Parking at University Park
- All parking lots on campus are reserved. You should always check the signs posted at each lot for specific hours of reservation and additional restrictions.
- You may only park in the lots corresponding to the color and number of your assigned parking permit. However, on evenings and weekends, most faculty/staff lots are open to vehicles displaying a valid student permit. Check the signs at each lot for details. For specific lot locations and a full list of rules and regulations for student parking on campus, download the 2015-16 Student Parking Map & Regulations (pdf).
- Student permits are only valid in East, HUB, and Nittany Decks after 4 p.m. on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday. To park in the decks after 4 p.m. on weekdays, you must take a stub from the machine to lift the gate. When exiting, you must give the attendant your stub and make sure he or she sees your permit. If you lose the stub, or if you park during restricted hours (7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday), you will be charged $12 to exit. (Please note that parking in the decks is "head-in" only; do not back into the spaces. All parts of the vehicle must fit within all lines of the space. Note that some spaces include a back line. Most are signed, "VEHICLE MUST BE WITHIN ALL LINES." These spaces are typically located at the ends of each level of the decks and the ends of the rows on each level.) Student parking in all campus parking decks (East, Eisenhower, HUB and Nittany) between the hours of 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. is prohibited, seven days a week.
- On weekends when there is a home football game, Lot 44 (Jordan East), Stadium West, Porter North, Porter South, Orange L, Yellow H, and Orange A OPP are restricted from all permit parking from midnight on Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game. Additional restrictions may apply for games and other special events.
- Student parking permits are valid for parking at Lot 44 and Stadium West for most Bryce Jordan Center and Pegula Ice Arena events, as well as for State College Spikes baseball at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $25 will be assessed for all lost or stolen permits. This is not a replacement fee. The fee must be paid regardless of whether or not a new permit is issued.
- Be sure to keep your vehicle locked to prevent theft.